It is an exciting feeling buying a new car. You sit inside and breathe in the new car smell. You run your hands along the steering wheel feeling the smoothness of the leather. It’s then you make a solemn vow to always keep it looking, feeling and smelling new. But how does one keep it looking like it just rolled off the lot? First thing’s first. You have to make sure it is clean inside and out! A car with a well maintained exterior and interior is a fast way to making your car feel like new again.
Give your Chevy a good scrub down at least once a week. Detail your car every other month or so. That is to say, shampoo all upholstery and carpets and even cleaning all the grime from the engine bay. Freshly cleaned and polished wheels are quick and easy ways to improve appearance too. Avoid washing your car in direct sunlight or in hot weather. Instead, wash your car close to dusk with ample shade. This will prolong the life of your paint. Also be sure to use proper vehicle soap and drying cloths. Never let your car simply air dry. Doing this will leave unwanted streaks and water spots which could lead to rusting areas.
At the same time, you can make sure your headlights stay clear and bright by using cleaners to rid of any yellowing. Change any worn out rubber seals or strips on your car including your wiper blades. Be sure to regularly replace brakes, shocks and springs that are designed to wear out and degrade your performance. Once you’ve completed all these small tips, your car should be looking and feeling like new!
How do you keep your Chevy looking and smelling great? Need some inspiration? Stop by your Grapevine Chevy Dealer for some in person tips!
Chevy enthusiasts are a loyal bunch, and they tend to love both new and used vehicles. Before you go shopping for a used car, your local Grapevine Chevy dealer would like to provide you with some tips on what to look for in a pre-owned vehicle.
First, verify that the vehicle is parked on level ground before you begin examining it. You need to be able to clearly see all the tires and to make sure the vehicle isn’t sagging. Examine the ground to see if there are any leaks from the vehicle. It’s prudent to start up the vehicle and then check for leaks once more while it is still running.
Open and shut each door, to make sure it works properly and closes shut. Also check that each door’s locks will open and close, and that you can roll the windows up and down completely. Then, get inside the vehicle and check out the interior. Are there any rips, tears or stains on the upholstery or the seats? This might not be a deal breaker for you, but such minor damage can indicate that the owner neglected to take care of other aspects of the vehicle as well.
Turn on the air-conditioning. This is especially crucial in a hot environment like Texas. Crank it up all the way and make sure the AC is doing a good job in cooling the interior.
Do check the odometer, to make sure that the vehicle hasn’t been driven too many miles in too short of a span of time. A good rule of thumb is about 10,000 to 15,000 miles per year. However, if the vehicle is very old, low mileage is not your only consideration.
Get out of the vehicle and look under the hood. Do you see any rust, dents or other signs of damage? If so, it may mean that the owner did a poor job of maintaining the vehicle, or that it was involved in an accident. Of course, you will want to examine the belts and hoses to see that they are not cracked and are intact. Also open the trunk and check to make sure it doesn’t have holes, cracks or rust.
You shouldn’t consider buying a pre-owned vehicle without taking it for a test drive. During the test, accelerate to about 30 miles per hour and then hit the brakes to see how they function. Does the car swerve? Did you feel any vibrations in the brake pedal or hear any unusual sounds?
Pre-owned Chevys are great for people who need to watch their budget. No matter what vehicle you select, once you’ve taken steps to make sure it’s in good shape, you are bound to find it provides you with a safe, comfortable and stylish ride.
May has arrived which means that spring is in full bloom and summer is just around the corner. The Dallas-Fort Worth area teems back to life this time each year, which means that you can get our your Chevy and hit the open road. After you’ve made a stop at your Grapevine Chevy dealer, you can head out to one of these events.
May Events in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Jimmy Buffett Concert — Jimmy Buffett himself will be playing live in the Dallas area this month. Parrotheads across the region will be thrilled to know that they can take their favorite Chevy vehicle and head to FC Dallas Stadium on May 4. The concert begins at 7:00 p.m., with Jackson Browne as an opening act and Jimmy Buffett headlining. Spend the evening joining in with some of Buffett’s most famous tunes, including “Fins,” “Cheeseburger in Paradise” and of course, “Margaritaville.”
- Dallas Flamenco Festival — This unique festival takes place each year in Dallas, allowing people to experience the beauty and art of flamenco dancing. The festival takes place from May 4 through May 5 this year at the Ochre House Theater. The festival was founded by flamenca Delilah Buitron, who is from the Dallas area. She wanted to share her love of flamenco dancing with the community at large, and invented the Dallas Flamenco Festival along the way. People in the area can catch two flamenco performances at this festival — one at 7:00 p.m. May 4 and another at 2:00 p.m. May 5. Tickets are $15 for this unique event, which you are sure to enjoy. You might find yourself joining along with the amazing dances.
- Dallas Fort Worth Women’s Expo — The Dallas Fort Worth Women’s Expo is coming to town again, providing women with the opportunity to pamper themselves, do a little shopping and explore a new interest. The women’s expo takes place this year from May 18 through May 19 at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Tickets are only $5, and it promises to be a great day out for women of all ages. The event highlights all of the great things that are available to women in the area. Women have an opportunity to check out new cosmetic products, get a little pampering done and eat some delicious food along the way.
Whether you are hoping to spend the month of May enjoying concert after concert, or you want to indulge a little bit in yourself, you will find something fun to do this month in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Of course, don’t forget to make it a point to stop by and check out our great deals this month on the lot as well.
Chevy has kept a lot of us in the dark waiting for this truck. Your Grapevine Chevy Dealer unveils the 2014 Silverado truck this weekend at the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. So what is all the hype about this Silverado? Well, this is the beginning of the next generation of trucks from Chevy. That in and of itself is exciting, but this truck is a blend of all that is good in Chevy cars and trucks. Here’s a little of what you can expect.
The grill is huge, it is almost transformer huge, and frankly that rocks! It is an imposing truck that is easy to drive, comfortable to ride in and built Chevy tough. A key feature for the extended cab is an extended bed that stretch out to 6.5 feet. What you have here is a truck that blends past Silverado’s styling into a modern approach to aerodynamics and function. It is a bold approach to a practical idea that works as hard as you do. What’s all this mean? It means that, before 2014, the Silverado used raw engine power to push its way down the highway, but after 2014, the Silverado uses technology to part the air and glide through the elements. It means a quieter ride, better fuel efficiency, and a tough looking truck that wont bite the kids.
What’s Under the Hood:
The 2014 Silvarado sports the new family of EcoTec2 Engines, which offer customers a choice between the standard V6 and two V8′s. They feature Corvette Technology that includes full size truck engineering, direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing, along with other technically advanced performance that you wont find under the hoods of competitors.
Inside The Truck:
Expect comfort and practicality from this truck. It is designed to be safer and stronger, than past models. This truck brings back the idea of high grade steel to boost passenger safety. The cab sits atop Hydraulic body mounts which help to eliminate cab movement to bring a quiet and steady as you go feeling to riders.
Work hard, play harder, be safer! Expect top of the line safety features that are built into this truck. Features include Forward Collision Alert, Land departure warnings, and front and rear parking assistance. The truck also features improved StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control. Hill Start Assist is also a standard feature for 2014.
Overall, this is a truck. It uses technology to improve safety, ride, and performance without subtracting out all the cool truck features. The imposing design is a plus. It looks tough, plays rough, and still makes a decent impression wherever you go.
Every time you take a step related to debt, whether it’s as small as making the minimum payment on your credit card bill or as big as filing for bankruptcy, you’re affecting your credit score. This number between 300 and 850 is an approximation of your financial fitness as it relates to credit risk, and it’s based on your credit history. The higher your score, the lower a lender’s expected risk when you borrow money.
You probably know that you need to be aware of your credit score when you go to buy a home, but did you know that the same principles apply to a car purchase? Before you head out to your Grapevine Chevy dealer, take a few minutes to understand how your credit score is going to affect your purchase. Here are three ways that this little three-digit number will impact you.
1. Major Factor in Approval for Financing
Before you get offered a loan to purchase a Chevy, the dealership will pull your credit score and evaluate your personal finances. This is because the lender wants to see that you make enough money to cover your car payments and that you were consistent with making payments when you borrowed money in the past. If your credit score is below the lender’s cutoff, you won’t be able to get financing at all, at least not without a co-signer.
2. Affects Interest Rate on Purchase
Getting approved isn’t the only time your credit score will factor in. Once a lender has decided to approve your car loan, the lender will use your credit score to determine what interest rate you’ll pay. A low credit score means it’s a risky loan, so the lender will charge a higher interest rate to compensate. You’ll usually qualify for the lowest interest rates on your Chevy purchase if you have a credit score that’s over 750.
3. Impacts Monthly Payments
The interest rate you get will, in turn, affect the monthly payments on your loan. If you have to pay a higher interest rate because of bad credit, your monthly payment will have to be higher to cover the interest. For example, say you want to borrow $25,000 and repay it over the course of five years. If you qualify for an interest rate of 5%, your monthly payments will be $471.78. However, if you have to pay an interest rate of 15%, your monthly payment will jump to $594.75.
As your Chevy dealer, we want you to understand how you can qualify for the best possible financing. Check your credit score before you shop for a car. If it’s not as good as you would like, dispute inaccurate information, catch up on payments, and pay down your credit card debt to boost your score before your purchase.
It’s the beginning of the year and, as always, a good time to stop by your Grapevine Chevy Dealer. The annual red tag event is in full swing, and you won’t find a better deal on the best Chevy models. Come check out our lot, where you will find more than 2,000 brand new beautiful cars with prices that can’t be beat anywhere. There are three deals that stand out, and people are clamoring to get behind the wheel of these cars.
For starters, everyone is talking about the Chevy Volt. This hybrid electric vehicle is one of the most affordable sustainable driving options available, and the price on this car has never been better. Right now, you can drive off the lot in a brand new Volt for $36,495 — you will be 0 percent interest for 60 months, so you have the opportunity to pay cash for this vehicle. If ownership isn’t your thing, consider taking out a lease on this car. Currently you can lease the Volt for $299 per month for a 36 month lease.
Some people are looking for a sleek car with the reputable Chevy name on it, but aren’t looking to spend a fortune. The best moderate sedan option right now is the Cruze, which is on sale for $16,900. Interested buyers have the opportunity to grab this car for 0 percent interest for the next 60 months, allowing people who might not think they can afford a brand new car to take advantage of this opportunity. There’s no better way to kick off the new year than with a beautiful new Cruze that you secured for the best pricing available across the country.
For those growing families in the area, there is no better time to upgrade to that family vehicle. The Chevy Traverse has never been a better option for families with children who will be heading out to the soccer fields. Customers have the opportunity to secure this crossover vehicle for 0 percent interest for 72 months, and the final price is $25,462. This vehicle comes with everything you need to actually enjoy your time with your family on the road, including plenty of storage space and entertainment upgrade options such as DVD players.
January is the time for a fresh new start, the time to commit to resolutions and find your happiness. There’s no better way to kick off a new year than with a new car. Hit the open road in style this year, and know that you got the best price available — ever — on your vehicle. You will have the peace of mind that comes with owning a well built Chevy vehicle as well as the enjoyment of a wonderful car.
One of the saddest things for your Grapevine Chevy Dealer to see is your brand new Chevy vehicle covered in mud, snow and rock salt during the winter months. We want you to show off your vehicle as much as you do all year round.
So don’t ignore your vehicle when the temperature starts to fall. Expecting those dry and sunny Texas winters have become a thing of the past as more blustery weather can arrive at anytime in all its snowy fury.
It’s time to break out the ice scraper, lay down the plastic mats, and fight against the snow sure to cover over your vehicle. We have created a short list of tips you can use to keep your vehicle looking its best throughout the winter.
Winter Tip #1: Vehicle Covers
Your vehicle can get dirty even when you aren’t driving it. If you don’t have a garage or car port to keep your vehicle inside from the harsh winter weather, then you may want to invest in a vehicle cover. This will keep the piled snow from the plow trucks away from the beauty and shine of your vehicle.
Winter Tip #2: Plastic Mats
You have to get plastic mats for the inside of your vehicle if you don’t already have them. Nobody wants to spend their free time vacuuming and cleaning the mud and rock salt from the floor of their vehicle. You don’t have to get fancy with your purchase. You just need something to catch the water and mud from shoes.
Winter Tip #3: Antifreeze
Driving your vehicle without antifreeze to clean the windshield is like driving with horse blinders on. You’ve probably seen vehicles with so much dirt and dust covering both windshields and all the windows that it makes you wonder if they are using psychic powers to find their way down the highway. Keep the antifreeze handy and add wash additive to help fight against the frost.
Winter Tip #4: Paint Sealant
What is the one thing that’s worse than rock salt residue covering your vehicle? It’s this same rock salt eating away at the paint finish and exposed areas of your vehicle to cause rust. Purchase and apply a high quality wax or sealant to your vehicle to protect the paint. Don’t forget to add protective wax to the tires as you make sure they are properly inflated.
Winter Tip #5: Wash Your Vehicle Frequently
Okay, we all do it. We let the Chevy just sit there, covered in grime, as we wait until after the winter snow is gone to wash it. But frequent washing cuts down on the amount of damage the salt causes to the vehicle. So get your vehicle to the car wash or do it yourself as often as possible.
Have A Beautiful Vehicle During The Winter
With just a bit of winterizing and upkeep, you can have your Chevy vehicle not only looking good, but running properly. Enjoy the winter months and your vehicle as the snow falls.
You probably spent hours decking the halls at home, hanging up garland, stringing lights and adding gorgeous, colorful bulbs to your Christmas tree. Perhaps you set up a Menorah and added blue and white lights to keep the season bright. However, during the month of December, it is the perfect time to also decorate your beloved Chevy for the holidays. Many customers and employees at the Grapevine Chevy Dealer have turned this into an annual tradition, and the following tips will allow you to join in on the fun.
Tips for Decorating your Chevy for the Holidays
- Turn your Chevy into one of Santa’s reindeer — perhaps even make it Rudolph. This is a fun and unique way to turn your vehicle into a part of Santa’s gang. The reindeer antlers clip onto the windows so that it appears they are coming out of the car. For those who want their car to be Rudolph, a giant red nose can be attached to the front of the car’s grill. The kids are sure to get a kick out of this one.
- Hang a wreath from the front of your car. This is a simpler gesture, but still allows you to get your Chevy decked out for the holidays. A small wreath can hang on the front of the car. Keep your wreath plain or add ribbon to it. However, make sure that nothing glass or dangerous that can fall off the wreath is attached. You don’t want the wreath to be a hazard to others who are traveling on the roadways this holiday season.
- Get some car markers and have fun putting holiday messages, decorative designs or snowflakes on the car’s paint. Car markers are sold at many different craft supply stores, and they come in a wide variety of colors. If you celebrate Christmas, go ahead and pick up some red, green and white markers to write Merry Christmas on the side of your vehicle. For those who celebrate Hanukkah, pick up some blue markers and adorn your car with dreidels and Menorahs. If you don’t celebrate any particular religious holiday but still want to enjoy this festive month, simply draw some beautiful snowflakes on your car. Just remember to not cover the windows so that the painted words and drawings are not a vision obstruction.
This is the season of holiday parties, baking cookies and trimming the tree. Who says it isn’t also the season to decorate your car as well? Show your friends and family just how much you love your car, and also show your holiday season pride. And of course, don’t forget to snap a few photos as well. We’d love it if you sent photos in of your decorated car to the Grapevine Chevy Dealer — it would certainly make our holidays merry and bright.
It seems that winter weather can come knocking no matter where you live, whether it’s the great white north of Manitoba, Canada or even here in Dallas, Texas. Don’t believe us about winter in Dallas? Don’t you remember the icy conditions that the Dallas-Fort Worth area experienced prior to Super Bowl 45 in 2011? We do.
So regardless of where you live, at some point in your life, it’s likely that you’re going to have to drive in winter weather. Specifically, ice. Here’s a look at three quick tips to help keep your wheels on the road and you and your fellow passengers safe in icy weather conditions:
- Speed and following distance: It should go without saying that in icy conditions, you’re going to have to allow yourself more time to get to where you need to be. This is because (a) you should drive slowly and (b) you should allow at least three times the following distance between yourself and the vehicle in front of you than what you would in normal weather conditions. If you follow too closely or speed in inclement weather, you might be making a stop back to the Chevy dealer sooner rather than later for a new ride.
- Braking: In icy weather, you can’t expect to brake like you would in normal conditions – or else you’ll be heading back to your Dallas Chevy dealer for a new car with its front end in tact. No, in icy weather, you can’t slam or hard brake – it will cause your wheels to spin and your car to, potentially, spin as well. It’s because the sudden braking locks your wheels, making them more prone to spinning on the ice. It’s why in icy conditions, it’s recommended that you apply the brake slowly and gradually.
- Beware of bridges, overpasses: The first things that are likely to freeze in icy conditions – even if temperatures are above freezing – are bridges and overpasses. It’s why you want to use extra caution while traveling over such roads, which may include lowering your speeds, continuing with caution and waiting to change lanes until you’re back to the portion of the normal highway.
It’s no fun driving in snowy or icy conditions, but as we told you in the opening – the aforementioned conditions are those that you’re likely to encounter at some point during your life, regardless of where you live or are traveling. But perhaps the biggest thing to keep in mind is just driving with patience and allowing yourself more time to get from point A to point B. Doing so can possibly save your vehicle from damage and yourself from injury.
A lot of great things happen at the end of the every year. You get time off from work, you get gifts for the holidays, and perhaps most importantly, incredible car deals are offered by your local Grapevine Chevy dealer so that you can lock yourself into low payments on a brand new Chevy for the new year. Below are some of the best December deals to look forward to before the end of the year.
2012 CHEVY VOLT - One of the most talked about new cars on the market, the Chevy Volt is being offered at 0 percent APR for 72 months at $35,997, which is an incredible deal considering it’s MSRP is over $41,000. While there are currently seven models available, there is only one at the Grapevine Chevy dealer at this price, so you’d better hurry if you have been looking to buy one of the best electric hybrids on the road today.
2012 CHEVY MALIBU - Awarded one of the best cars of the year by Consumer Reports in 2012, Grapevine Chevy is offering $5,000 off the MSRP on all remaining 2012 Chevy Malibus. You will also have zero percent APR for the first 60 months. As there are 38 models available at this price, you should be able to snag one, though you probably shouldn’t wait too long.
2012 CHEVY ½ TON CREW LS - This reliable and sturdy Chevy truck is being sold for $25,930, which is well below it’s MSRP of $32,930. There will be zero percent APR for the first 60 months and an added bonus of $1,000 off if you trade in a ’99 or newer vehicle as part of your down payment. Out of the 307 available, there are only 5 at this price, so you probably want to act immediately if you want this deal.
2012 CHEVY EQUINOX - Another one of the best automobiles in the Chevy lineup this year is the Chevy Equinox. For all remaining V6 2012 models, $3,000 will be knocked off the MSRP and zero percent APR will be granted for the next 5 years, or 60 months. There are 5 of these vehicles at this incredible price out of 73 that are available, so you will also have to act quickly for this deal.
2011 Closeouts - There are also a number of 2011 vehicles Classic Chevrolet is trying to move for incredibly low prices. A 2011 1-Ton extended cab Knapheide Service Body is going for $32,956, which is nearly 25 percent off it’s MSRP of $42,375. A 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 4×4 is going for $34,997, shocking because it’s MSRP is $43,480. Both are unbelievable deals, if you are in the market for these types of trucks.