If you are in the market for an affordable hybrid, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevy Malibu hybrid. This year’s model is better, faster and stronger than the last model year. This year, GM used technology from the second-generation Volt, according to Steve Majoros, the marketing director of Chevrolet Cars and Crossovers. Majorors stated that by “leveraging technology,” Chevrolet was able to use lessons to “bring consumers a world-class hybrid.”
The new year’s model features a new hybrid powertrain. The drive unit has been modified this year to work better with the electric motors – the same used in the Volt.
The 2016 Malibu Hybrid’s Features
The Malibu hybrid features Chevrolet MyLink Radio, a 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility and a rear vision camera. Additional features include cruise control, 10 airbags, push-button start, Teen Driver, a new Ecotec 1.8-liter hybrid engine with direct injection and two electric motors for the drive unit.
The Malibu also mutes the audio or any device attached to it when those in the front seat are not wearing their seat belts. Teen Driver allows parents see how their teens drove the Malibu.
Depending on the trim level you choose, you’ll get available front pedestrian braking, lane keeping assist, and low speed front automatic braking.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
To learn more about the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu hybrid including which features come with the different trim levels, stop by Classic Chevy to take a test drive. If you previously drove a Malibu and didn’t like it, try the new model year if you are still looking for a hybrid vehicle – you’ll find that it has more power and is better than the previous models.
Drivers tend to get attached to their vehicles. After all, your vehicle is something you use every day, and it’s a place where you’ve made plenty of memories. However, there comes a time when you need to break up with an old vehicle that’s dragging you down. Maybe the gas mileage is poor, maybe the repairs are breaking the bank or maybe the safety features aren’t adequate.
These 10 ways to tell if you need to get out of your old vehicle and into a new Chevy will help you kick your old care to the curb.
1. Your vehicle’s repairs are exceeding its value.
It often seems easier to repair an old vehicle than buy a new one, but here at Classic Chevrolet, we make purchasing your new vehicle easy and affordable. Stop throwing money (which you’ll never get back) into a beater that continues to decrease in value.
2. The mileage is high.
High mileage probably means you’ve taken good care of your vehicle, but it also means costly repairs are just around the corner.
3. Safety features are limited.
Older cars certainly have fewer safety features than newer ones, and that can put you and your loved ones in danger every time you get behind the wheel. Come talk to us at Classic Chevrolet to get into a safer, more reliable vehicle for an unbelievably affordable price.
4. Your family doesn’t want to be seen in it.
They say not to judge a book by its cover, but if your family doesn’t want to be seen in your vehicle, it may be time to get a new one.
5. Rust is visible.
Rust causes damage to vehicles in more ways than one, and those damages can be extremely costly. If you’re driving a vehicle with a rusty exterior, holes in some areas or even pieces of metal falling off, you know it’s time to get into a new one.
6. You’re spending way too much on gas.
Every year, Chevy vehicles are getting increasingly fuel efficient, and you could be saving big bucks. Chevy offers a wide selection of extremely affordable, fuel efficient vehicles to help you start your 2016 budget in the right direction.
7. You see your check engine light every day.
Service lights shining on your dashboard are never a good thing, and they can mean that serious repairs are ahead.
8. You don’t worry about locking your vehicle.
Let’s face it. If you’re not afraid your vehicle is going to get tampered with when you leave the doors unlocked, it’s probably because nobody wants to go near it.
9. You use duct tape for repairs.
If you’re using duct tape to solve repair issues on your vehicle, you know it’s time to opt for a duct tape-free ride.
10. You own a lemon.
Some vehicles just seem impossible to keep on the road without repairs being needed. If you’re heading to the repair shop often, and returning to have the same repairs made again, it’s a sign that your vehicle should go.
Windshield wipers don’t last forever, and when they fail, they can cause serious vehicle safety issues. Fully-functioning windshield wipers make driving in undesirable weather conditions easier, so you can arrive at your destination safely and on time. These five signs that prove you need to change your windshield wipers could save you from a number of inconveniences and dangers down the road.
1. Check for smears or streaks. If your wipers are causing smears or streaks on your windshield, it’s likely you need new wiper blades. Listen carefully for scraping or chattering sounds when you use your wipers. These sounds are also indications that you should replace your wipers before they fail and leave you in a difficult situation.
2. Examine your wipers for dirt, debris or tears. Take a look at your wiper blades and wipe them with a damp cloth to help discover any tears or breaks in the rubber edge. Keep an eye out for anything that refrains your wiper from sliding snuggly against the glass.
3. Take note of your wipers while driving. You can tell a lot about the condition of your wipers when using them. If the blades are pulling away from your windshield when you’re traveling at high speeds, instead of resting tightly against the windshield, it’s likely they need to be replaced.
4. Examine the metal arm of the wiper to ensure it is not cracked or bent in any places. If you see any cracks or bent pieces, the wiper is probably not resting properly on your windshield and is creating the smears you see and chattering sounds you hear when using them.
5. You haven’t changed them in more than 6 months. Most wipers need replacing after roughly 6 months of use. This is usually when they begin to lose their snug fitting and fail to provide clear vision when driving in rain and other undesirable weather conditions. Fortunately, windshield wipers are an inexpensive vehicle accessory, especially here at Classic Chevrolet, and they can be changed in a matter of seconds.
There’s no reason to worry if you experience any of the above difficulties with your vehicle. Simply bring your car, truck or SUV to Classic Chevrolet, and our certified service repair team will replace your wipers quickly and affordably. We can also inspect your entire vehicle to determine what precautions you need to take to keep your vehicle in top condition. Give us a call, log online or stop in and see us in Grapevine, Texas, today.
A new years mean it’s time to make some changes. And if you’re still driving your family around in an old, beat-up SUV, it’s time upgrade to the 2016 Chevy Suburban. The new Suburban is guaranteed to improve your lifestyle by saving you money on fuel, providing peace of mind through a long list of safety features and ensuring a more comfortable ride everywhere you travel.
These top eight reasons to get into the brand-new Chevy Suburban are just a few of the many that will make you happy you decided to make a change.
1. The Chevy Suburban was completely redesigned in 2015, which means you enjoy more convenience, comfort, functionality and performance than ever before. The 2016 model takes the best of the new-and-improved 2015 model and adds even more frills.
2. The 2016 Chevy Suburban is designed to keep you safe with an Enhanced Driver Alert Package that features forward collision alerts, power-adjustable pedals, lane keep assist, IntelliBeam headlamps and a state-of-the-art safety alert seat.
3. The new Chevy suburban is loaded with the industry’s latest and greatest technology. Drivers and passengers enjoy a standard 8-inch color touch screen radio with 4G LTE WiFi capabilities. You’ll never hear, “Are we there yet?” again.
4. The 2016 Chevy Suburban makes it easy to connect your phone to the Chevrolet MyLink system, which allows you to use your device without taking your eyes of the road. The MyLink system also features Apple CarPlay capabilities.
5. This year’s Suburban is available even more new colors, including Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and Siren Red Tintcoat, which are guaranteed to turn heads on the road.
6. The new Suburban is available in LS, LT and LTZ models, which means you can choose the amenities and performance you want based on your budget. Whichever model you choose, you’re guaranteed to appreciate that this year’s Suburban gets nearly 10-percent greater highway efficiency than previous models.
7. The 2016 Chevy Suburban features up to six power outlets and USB ports as well as a 110-volt, three-prong outlet. You will never have to deal with arguments over the phone charger or power outlets on long road trips again.
8. The Chevy Suburban is designed to handle all of your biggest adventures. This year’s model features 121.1 cubic feet of cargo space when the rear seats are folded, and it can trailer a capacity of 8,300 pounds. You can forget about considering a pick-up truck.
Stop in and see us at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas, to test drive the 2016 Chevy Suburban today.
Trucks in the middle-weight division are becoming some of the most popular in the industry. They’re rugged, durable, stylish, spacious, provide all of the elements you’re seeking in a pick-up truck without the high price or poor fuel efficiency.
The Chevy Colorado and Toyota Tacoma are two of the top middle-weight trucks in the industry, and these 10 reasons to choose Chevy will make you start shopping for your brand-new Colorado today.
1. The Colorado’s best engine offering is the ultra-durable Duramax 2.8-liter Turbo-Diesel, offering superior fuel efficiency and durability.
This engine offers a fuel economy of 31 miles-per-gallon on the highway, while the Tacoma’s best 3.5-liter V6 engine gets just 24 miles per gallon on the highway.
2. The 2016 Chevy Colorado is available with Chevy’s new 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot.
The Tacoma does not offer WiFi capabilities.
3. The Colorado’s available touch screen technology is equipped with an 8-inch diagonal screen.
The touchscreen in the 2016 Tacoma is only 7-inches diagonally.
4. You can tow just about everything with your new Chevy Colorado.
The Colorado diesel offers an available towing capacity of 7,700 pounds, while the Tacoma can tow just 6,800 pounds.
5. The Chevy Colorado is loaded with Chevy’s latest and greatest safety features, including available forward collision alerts, lane departure warnings, an available OnStar equivalent and more.
The Tacoma V6 is not equipped with any of these features.
6. The Chevy Colorado diesel offers an available torque of 369 foot-pounds, while the Toyota Tacoma only offers an available torque of 265 foot-pounds.
That means you can accelerate faster and enjoy a driving experience that feels more like a high-performance car than a rugged truck.
7. The 2016 Chevy Colorado is equipped with brakes that will keep you safe and last a lifetime.
Buyers enjoy four-wheel disc brakes and Duralife brake rotors that don’t come standard on the 2016 Toyota Tacoma.
8. Tired of getting into a freezing cold car in the winter months?
Chevy offers an available remote start in the new Colorado, a feature the Tacoma does not offer, so you enjoy a comfortable driving experience every time you hit the roads or trails.
9. The Chevy Colorado is one of the most affordable medium-weight trucks available, that means you have more money to spend on this year’s adventures.
A brand-new Colorado starts with an MSRP of just $20, 120.
10. Some truck enthusiasts don’t know that the Colorado was redesigned from the frame up in 2015, making an already great middle-weight truck even better.
The Colorado now offers some of the most innovative features in the industry. Couple those innovations with top-notch fuel efficiency and power, and you have a rugged midsize truck that is ready to crush the competition. It’s no wonder the Chevy Colorado was named the Motor Trend Truck of the Year for 2015 and 2016.
You can test drive the brand-new Colorado today right here at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas. And don’t forget to check out the brand-new Colorado ZR2, which is designed for your most adrenaline-inducing off-road adventures.
If you are in the market for a new vehicle and you’d like something that looks great, gets decent gas mileage and has one of the best engines out there, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro. And, if you want something great for commuting, has an engine that is great enough to win awards and gets excellent gas mileage, visit our showroom to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Volt.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro
The Camaro features a brand new 3.6-liter V-6 engine; and this engine made WardsAuto’s “Ward’s 10 Best Engines” list. The company reviewed engines and compared them with data for engines that are similar to the winners. WardsAuto looked at 31 engines across 11 different auto manufacturers for new technology, fuel efficiency, power and refinement.
The V-6 features advanced technology including cylinder deactivation, which increases fuel efficiency. This engine makes 335 horsepower and 285 pound-feet of torque; and these are the highest power ratings for a naturally aspirated V-6 engine in this segment. The active fuel management system cuts out two cylinders when you don’t need them to increase fuel economy. Furthermore, the Camaro features noise-reducing features including a new cam drive system.
2016 Chevrolet Volt
The new Volt features a Voltec propulsion system with zero range anxiety. The system features a range-extending engine, the drive unit, a battery and power electronics. You’ll be able to drive about 53 miles on electric power only and have a total driving range of over 420 miles, giving you over 1,000 miles between the times you have to visit the gas station.
This year’s drive unit is about 12 percent more efficient and it dropped 100 pounds when compared to the first generation. Because the Volt uses both motors, it has a 19 percent improvement in acceleration when under electric power. It takes 2.6 seconds to go from zero to 30 mph; and it shows a 7 percent improvement in acceleration from zero to 60 mph, which takes 8.4 seconds.
The gas engine is a 1.5-liter engine with direct injection and it runs on regular unleaded fuel. The battery is an 18.4 kWh battery with revised cell chemistry; and it features 192 cells instead of the 288 cells in the previous year’s model. Though the cells were decreased, saving 21 pounds, storage capacity increased.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro or the 2016 Chevrolet Volt and to learn more about these two models.
After you pick up your new Chevy at Classic Chevrolet, you’ll be ready to head out to some January events in and around Dallas. Pack up the kids for some events, or pack up yourself and a significant other for other events. You could even leave the kids with the significant other and head out with friends for some events.
The Heard Museum, 1 Nature Place in Mckinney, is hosting Dinosaurs Live, a perfect way to keep the kids entertained for a couple hours. Admission ranges from free to $9 and the 46-foot T-Rex is included. Plus the exhibit features eight new animatronic dinosaurs along the nature trails at the Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary. Pick a day when temperatures are above 45 degrees as the museum cannot animate the dinosaurs when it’s too cold. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. though 5:00 p.m. and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. through 5:00 p.m. For more information call (972) 562-5566.
Amazing Scavenger Hunt
Turn Dallas into a game. Throughout January and through July from sunrise to sunset, enjoy the Amazing Race and a three-hour city tour. You’ll need a smart phone for this activity as this is what will be guiding you. Make your way among the city’s gems to solve clues and complete challenges. Admission is $39.20 for a team of two to five players after promo code VISITDALLAS. Start your game any time during daylight hours at Union Station, 400 South Houston Street in Dallas. For more information call (805) 603-5620. Sign up at UrbanAdventureQuest.com/.
Paint the Town Burgundy
On January 9, 2016 from 5:30 p.m. through 10:00 p.m., head uptown to 5118 Greenville Ave to start this winery, chocolate, cheese, pizza and jazz tour. The tour starts at Two Corks and a Bottle with a wine tasting. Chocolate includes Kate Weiser Chocolate, Dude, Sweet Chocolate and CocoAndre Chocolatier. Enjoy jazz at Deep Ellum. Admission is $59 and includes private bus, food samples, tour guide and beverages. For more information call (972) 814-5997. Tickets are available at dallasbitesfoodtours.com/.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive a new Chevrolet or give our service department a call to schedule an appointment for maintenance.
Gyms become more crowded, Amazon sells more books and people start stuffing a few extra dollars into their piggy banks. A new year means a fresh start, and that’s why many Americans choose to make resolutions for the New Year. Some resolutions have proven to be more popular than others over the years, and these 10 are some that you’re guaranteed to hear your friends choosing in 2016.
1. Read more books.
As smartphones and tablets begin to take the place of books, many Americans are hoping to revert back to the basics. The resolution to read more books is one that continues to be in the top 10 year after year.
2. Lose weight.
Gyms overflow in January every year, but losing weight can be a tough resolution to keep. However, there’s no doubt that losing weight is on just about every list of the hottest New Year’s resolutions.
3. Quit smoking.
The more studies come out about how bad smoking is for everyone’s health, the more people are trying to quit. Quitting smoking can be difficult, but it’s a resolution that many smokers will try year after year until their goal is accomplished.
4. Save money.
Saving money is on a lot of people’s minds after the holiday spending has ceased. Paying off debts and saving more money is a resolution that many choose in the New Year, but it also means a commitment to a change of lifestyle.
5. Eat healthier.
Eating healthy is difficult for many busy Americans, but the vow to eat more fruits and vegetables or change junk food eating habits entirely is seen as a positive way to start the New Year.
6. Live with less stress.
Stress is something that drags many people down everyday, and removing that stress can mean a happier and more productive lifestyle. However, relieving stress can be one of the most difficult resolutions to keep.
7. Travel more often.
Traveling is a way of incorporating more relaxation, adventure and culture into your life, and it’s hard to see a downside of escaping work and everyday stresses more often. Although, it’s important to keep in mind that traveling more often means keeping better track of your budget too.
8. Give to more charities.
Whether it’s time, money, clothing or other means of donating, many people vow to help others more in the new year.
9. Spend less time on Facebook.
This relatively new resolution has gained popularity as Facebook has become accessible everywhere we go. Spending less time on Facebook could result in higher levels of productivity, especially when you’re tempted by social media at work.
10. Try an extreme sport.
For many, a new year means new adventures, and bigger and better adventures can mean a more amazing year than the last. Bungee jumping, skydiving and other adventure sports require courage from the participant, but these activities are found rewarding to those who have a little bit of adrenaline junkie inside.
Make 2016 the best year yet with a new or used Chevy from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas.
If you are looking for a truck but don’t need a full size 1500 or larger, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevy Colorado WT. This truck is perfect for those who want utility in a smaller package. Haul tools to work or haul the occasional landscaping material to your home for those spring projects.
Entertainment and Interior Features
The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado WT features a 4.2-inch diagonal color display, USB port, AM/FM stereo, auxiliary jack, a six-speaker audio system, power driver’s seat, floor console with a front compartment, a tilt urethane steering wheel, driver instrument display, express up and down windows, engine immobilization, power door locks, a day/night rearview mirror and air conditioning.
The Colorado’s exterior features include 16-inch ultra silver metallic steel wheels, all-season tires, a corner step rear bumper, halogen headlights with automatic exterior lamp control, remote door mirrors and a locking tailgate.
The 2016 Colorado WT features a 2.5-liter engine with variable valve timing backed by a six-speed 6L50 automatic transmission. This combination makes 200 horsepower at 6,300 rpm and 191 pound-feet of torque at 4,400 rpm. The Colorado gets 20 mpg* in the city and 27 mpg* on the highway, making this a great truck for commuting or even for taking a road trip.
Safety and Security Features
The Colorado’s safety and security features include four-wheel ABS disc brakes, electronic traction control, the StabiliTrak stability control system, daytime running lights, a rear vision camera with dynamic guidelines and a tire pressure monitoring system.
Airbags include dual stage frontal and side impact airbags, driver and front passenger impact airbags, head curtain and seat-mounted side impact airbags and a passenger sensing system.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy today to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck and to learn more about this model’s convenience, safety, entertainment and security features. Bring it home today and you’ll have it for the upcoming long weekend so you can take a road trip or to put your chairs for a higher vantage point during the New Year’s Eve fireworks.
If you have been considering buying a new vehicle but have been putting it off, make it a New Year’s resolution to buy a Chevy from Classic Chevrolet. Test drive your favorite model to see what fits your family the best including trucks, SUV models, sedans and coupes. You’ll have several trim levels to choose from on most models, so you can also get the features you want.
2016 Model Year Features
New 2016 models are out and we have vehicles starting at about $15,000 and ranging to over $100,000. Depending on the trim level, a Chevy’s safety features might include the StabiliTrak stability control system, electronic traction control, daytime running lights, several airbags including head curtain airbags and seat-mounted side-impact airbags; OnStar Guidance with automatic crash response, navigation, roadside assistance, advanced diagnostics and stolen vehicle assistance; basic OnStar for five years, rear vision cameras and a tire pressure monitoring system.
Some of the convenience features you might find include power seats, custom floor consoles, USB charging ports, leather-wrapped steering wheels with mounted audio and cruise controls, enhanced multi-color displays, power door locks and windows, remote keyless entry with extended range, theft deterrent systems for unauthorized entry and immobilization and illuminated sliding vanity vanity mirrors.
Entertainment features might include Chevrolet MyLink Radio, an 8-inch diagonal touch screen, Bluetooth, voice activation, Apple CarPlay, SiriusXM satellite radio with a three-month all-access trial subscription, OnStar 4G LTE, built-in WiFi hotspot and more.
Trucks, Cars and SUVs
Pick your poison: full size trucks for those who need to haul or just like a truck come in three flavors: the 1500, 2500HD and the 3500HD. And, those flavors have many choices for trim levels, from the work truck to the highest trim level with all of the bells and whistles.
Sedans and coupes come in hybrid styles; sporty, “need for speed” styles; and sedans for those who are looking for something that’s perfect for commuting and taking a road trip. And, then you have the SUV for those who need an all-purpose vehicle for hauling things or packing up the family for a road trip.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive a new vehicle for New Year’s or make it your New Year’s resolution to get a new Chevy in January.