If you are considering a Chevy Silverado, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 1500, 2500HD or the 3500HD. The Silverado was introduced in 1999 and took the place of the C/K line. The name “Silverado” was a trim level on the C/K line from 1975 through 1998. However, Chevy isn’t new to pickup trucks – they have been making trucks since 1930.
The first generation of the Silverado ran from 1998 through 2007 and was built on the GM GMT800 platform. This model gave customers a choice of five engines: the 4.3-liter, 4.8-liter, 5.3-liter, 6.0-liter and the 8.1-liter. All were V-8 models except for the 4.3-liter V-6.
In 2002, GM gave the Silverado a slight refresh with some small design changes and upgraded the HVAC controls and audio. In 2007, GM added “Classic” to the first generation trucks. Also in 2000, a four-door extended cab was finally offered. In 2003, the Silverado got an updated rear end and a new front end. It wasn’t until 2006 when the Silverado got another facelift, including the removal of the “Chevrolet” badge from the tailgate.
In 2003, GM launched the Silverado SS, a high performance model. This model was based on the Silverado and featured an upgraded drive train plus upgrades for the interior and exterior appearances. The SS featured a standard 6.0-liter Vortec high output V-8 engine that put out 345 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque.
In 2006, the auto manufacturer released a special edition SS called the Intimidator SS to honor Dale Earnhardt. This model features a rear spoiler, Intimidator custom badging and embroidered headrests. Only 933 of these trucks were made.
Today’s truck have seen several upgrades in safety, security and entertainment features. You also have several choices of trim levels to choose from including the base model work truck and the top-of-the-line trim level with all of the bells and whistles.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive a new Chevrolet Silverado for truck month. Ask your salesperson about the discounts and specials we are running on the Silverado models for truck month, including cash back offers and special lease and finance options.
If you liked the Chevy Tahoe before, you’ll love the new 2016 model. If you can’t make up your mind between the Tahoe and another favorite model, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive both models – and you’ll learn why the 2016 Tahoe is a best seller.
Even though the Tahoe was completely redesigned for the 2015 model year, it still had room for improvement. This year, Chevy added some new technological and safety advances to the SUV. These include a new enhanced driver alert package for the LS model. The package features forward collision alert, power adjustable pedals, lane keep assist, a safety alert seat and IntelliBeam headlights.
The LTZ trim level got a new heads-up display with the available driver information center, which has been enhanced. And, the LTZ features an 8-inch diagonal multicolor display that is configurable.
Additionally, the Tahoe now has new phone integration technology via Apple CarPlay; and two new premium colors: Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and Siren Red tintocoat. Add the direct-injected EcoTec 5.3-liter engine and you have the perfect recipe for the industry’s best-selling full-size SUV.
Additional features for the LS, LT and LTZ models include second and third row seating that folds flat, an available power folding feature for the seats, standard 8-inch diagonal color touch screen with MyLink, OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with a Wi-Fi hotspot and a three-month trial, up to 12 USB ports and power outlets, including a 110-volt three-prong outlet, keyless entry, push button start and an available rear seat entertainment system with two screens and a Blu-Ray DVD player.
The Tahoe features an EcoTec3 5.3-liter V-8 engine that makes 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. The engine features cylinder deactivation, direct injection, an advanced combustion system and continuously variable valve timing; and it is expected to get 16 mpg* in the city and 23 mpg* on the highway. This is a significant increase over last year’s model.
The engine is backed by a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission with TapShift control, auto grade braking and a tow/haul mode.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe, the best-selling full-size SUV in the industry.
If you are in the market for an affordable hybrid, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevy Malibu hybrid. This year’s model is better, faster and stronger than the last model year. This year, GM used technology from the second-generation Volt, according to Steve Majoros, the marketing director of Chevrolet Cars and Crossovers. Majorors stated that by “leveraging technology,” Chevrolet was able to use lessons to “bring consumers a world-class hybrid.”
The new year’s model features a new hybrid powertrain. The drive unit has been modified this year to work better with the electric motors – the same used in the Volt.
The 2016 Malibu Hybrid’s Features
The Malibu hybrid features Chevrolet MyLink Radio, a 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility and a rear vision camera. Additional features include cruise control, 10 airbags, push-button start, Teen Driver, a new Ecotec 1.8-liter hybrid engine with direct injection and two electric motors for the drive unit.
The Malibu also mutes the audio or any device attached to it when those in the front seat are not wearing their seat belts. Teen Driver allows parents see how their teens drove the Malibu.
Depending on the trim level you choose, you’ll get available front pedestrian braking, lane keeping assist, and low speed front automatic braking.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
To learn more about the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu hybrid including which features come with the different trim levels, stop by Classic Chevy to take a test drive. If you previously drove a Malibu and didn’t like it, try the new model year if you are still looking for a hybrid vehicle – you’ll find that it has more power and is better than the previous models.
If you are looking for a truck but don’t need a full size 1500 or larger, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevy Colorado WT. This truck is perfect for those who want utility in a smaller package. Haul tools to work or haul the occasional landscaping material to your home for those spring projects.
Entertainment and Interior Features
The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado WT features a 4.2-inch diagonal color display, USB port, AM/FM stereo, auxiliary jack, a six-speaker audio system, power driver’s seat, floor console with a front compartment, a tilt urethane steering wheel, driver instrument display, express up and down windows, engine immobilization, power door locks, a day/night rearview mirror and air conditioning.
The Colorado’s exterior features include 16-inch ultra silver metallic steel wheels, all-season tires, a corner step rear bumper, halogen headlights with automatic exterior lamp control, remote door mirrors and a locking tailgate.
The 2016 Colorado WT features a 2.5-liter engine with variable valve timing backed by a six-speed 6L50 automatic transmission. This combination makes 200 horsepower at 6,300 rpm and 191 pound-feet of torque at 4,400 rpm. The Colorado gets 20 mpg* in the city and 27 mpg* on the highway, making this a great truck for commuting or even for taking a road trip.
Safety and Security Features
The Colorado’s safety and security features include four-wheel ABS disc brakes, electronic traction control, the StabiliTrak stability control system, daytime running lights, a rear vision camera with dynamic guidelines and a tire pressure monitoring system.
Airbags include dual stage frontal and side impact airbags, driver and front passenger impact airbags, head curtain and seat-mounted side impact airbags and a passenger sensing system.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy today to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck and to learn more about this model’s convenience, safety, entertainment and security features. Bring it home today and you’ll have it for the upcoming long weekend so you can take a road trip or to put your chairs for a higher vantage point during the New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Adding the 2016 Chevy Equinox to your wish list could make your Christmas and new year. This fuel-efficient yet spacious crossover SUV is the perfect combination of style, versatility, comfort and power. It’s a vehicle that will never ask you to make sacrifices.
The following are 10 reasons why the 2016 Chevy Equinox should be on your Christmas list this holiday season.
1. The 2016 Chevy Equinox offers 63.7-cubic-feet of cargo volume, which means you can easily take your sleds, kayaks, surfboards, bicycles and other cargo everywhere you want to go in every season.
2. The 2016 Chevy Equinox achieves an unbelievable EPA-estimated 32 miles per gallon on the highway and 22 miles per gallon in the city.
3. The Chevy Equinox offers the brand-new, in-vehicle OnStar 4G LTE WiFi, so you can access the internet everywhere the road takes you.
4. The contemporary design of the Chevy Equinox is guaranteed to turn heads everywhere you go. The dual-port, chrome-accented grille and new halogen projector-beam headlights establish the Equinox as a luxury crossover vehicle.
5. You can fit everything you need in the new Chevy Equinox with it’s Multi-Flex sliding rear seat, which slides forward to create an unbelievable amount of cargo space. Even better, when the seat slides back, your guests in the rear enjoy eight more inches of leg room.
6. The 2016 Equinox provides peace of mind on the roads. Available side blind zone alerts, side mirror alerts, rear cross traffic alerts, rear park assist, forward collision alerts and lane departure warnings make all of your driving experiences safer, easier and less stressful.
7. The 2016 Chevy Equinox is a 2015 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
8. The Equinox is all yours. This state-of-the-art crossover vehicle allows you to personalize its technology, so you can access your favorite songs, make phone calls and compose text messages without having to take your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.
9. Considering a Toyota instead? The Chevy Equinox has been proved superior to the 2015 Toyota RAV4 in terms of fuel efficiency, rear seat legroom and cargo configurations. The 2015 Toyota RAV4 also does not offer the innovative 4G LTE WiFi that the Equinox does.
10. Chevy makes owning the Equinox easy. Chevrolet Complete Care ensures you love your Equinox from start to finish. The ownership benefit program includes two maintenance visits, a five years or 60,000 miles of 24-hour roadside assistance and courtesy transportation, five years of the standard OnStar Basic Plan and six months of the OnStar Guidance Plan.
Need one more reason to add the 2016 Chevy Equinox to your Christmas list this year? It’s available for an unbeatable price right here at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas. Give us a call, log online or stop in and see us to find out more about our holiday pricing today.
Buying a new vehicle doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, locating the perfect Chevrolet, purchasing it and driving it away can be as easy as one, two, three. A small number of tricky dealerships and salespeople have destroyed the fun of the car buying process for shoppers, and they’ve made those shoppers leery of all dealerships — even those that are 100-percent honest. There are countless misconceptions about car buying and car dealerships. The following are five of the most misunderstood myths.
1. The Contract Will Be Loaded with Fine Print
Contrary to popular belief, your car dealership and salesperson are not trying to fool you into overpaying. It used to be commonplace to read all of the fine print on your vehicle contract before purchasing, but that can be extremely time consuming. Fully reviewing all of the numbers and asking questions to a qualified salesperson can help the process move along more smoothly without you having to spend all day reading.
2. Deals Are Better on Rainy Days
It is a common misconception that you can get a better deal on a vehicle in the rain — when other shoppers have decided to hold off on purchasing their new vehicles until the sun shines. Here at Classic Chevrolet, we can help you find the best deal on any Chevy vehicle without having to worry about the weather.
3. Extended Warranties Are Not a Good Deal
Car buyers take on so much new information when purchasing a vehicle, they often don’t want to hear about extended warranties and other options. If the extended warranty is offered by the manufacturer, it’s likely it will pay for itself in no-time.
4. A Test Drive Isn’t Necessary
In recent years, car buyers have turned to online and magazine reviews more than feeling the comfort and performance of a vehicle for themselves. It’s always important to test drive a vehicle, so you can feel if the vehicle will be a proper fit for you. Of course, reading reviews about reliability can help you understand how much bang you’ll likely be getting for your buck, but feeling comfortable behind the wheel is important too.
5. Paying Cash Will Get You a Better Deal
Many car buyers assume they’ll get a drastically better deal on a vehicle by paying with cash. However, paying with cash doesn’t mean you’re automatically going to save big bucks. Dealerships often make less profit on the sale when it is paid with cash, so you could be missing out on some money-saving incentives.
Let Us Help
Here at Classic Chevrolet, we’re trusted for being an honest dealership full of helpful and attentive dealers. Start your car purchasing process with us, and we’ll help you locate the vehicle you want and need for a price that makes you feel comfortable.
Thanksgiving has passed, and the holiday shopping season is now in full swing. We all know that non-stop shopping for family and friends can get overwhelming, and that means you’re in need of a special gift too. The stylish, fuel-efficient, luxurious, and ultra-safe Chevy Cruze is the Christmas gift you need to help you get through the holiday season without turning into a Scrooge.
The following are 12 reasons why you need a Chevy Cruze this holiday season.
1. The Chevy Cruze is the ideal combination of stunning design, innovative technology and fuel efficiency, so you can get from Point A to Point B affordably, comfortably and while looking good.
2. The Cruze’s MyLink customizable, 7-inch touch-screen entertainment system with Bluetooth technology ensures you can shuffle through your music, find the fastest route to your destination and use your smartphone safely while on the road. The Cruze’s convenient steering wheel controls also mean you never have to take your eyes off the road.
3. The Chevrolet brand received more Initial Quality Awards by J.D. Power and Associates than any other brand in 2013.
4. The Chevy Cruze is the first vehicle in its class to offer built-in 4G LTE WiFi.
5. The Chevy Cruze’s standard 1.4-liter turbo engine is capable of getting up to 40 miles-per-gallon on the highway.
6. The new Chevy Cruze’s advanced safety features don’t just protect you from potential collisions, they also help you respond more efficiently if one does occur.
7. A brand-new, 2015 Chevy Cruze starts at just $16,170, so you’ll still have money left over for the rest of your shopping list.
8. The Chevy Cruze received a 5-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program in 2014.
9. Opt for the Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel, and you can get up to 46 miles-per-gallon on the highway. That means you save more on fuel and have more money to spend on the things you really want.
10. The Chevy Cruze is described as a compact car, but it doesn’t feel that way when you step inside. The Cruze offers more passenger and cargo space than the Ford Focus Sedan.
11. The 2015 and 2016 Chevy Cruzes feel more sophisticated than ever before. Soft-touch interiors, optional heated leather seats, high-end colors, a triple-sealed windshield, and 30 acoustical treatments ensure every ride is quieter and more comfortable than ever before.
12. The Chevy Cruze is equipped with 10 standard airbags, including knee and side-impact airbags to keep you and your passengers safe. Roof-crush resistance and a high-strength steel safety cage surpass safety requirements to give you peace of mind everywhere you travel.
Find Your Cruze at Classic Chevrolet
Classic Chevrolet is your one-stop shop for all of the latest and greatest Chevy vehicles under one roof. Give us a call, log online or stop in and see us in Grapevine, Texas, to find the best holiday deal on a brand-new Chevy Cruze today.
If you are in the market for an SUV that is spacious and gets good gas mileage, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox LS and to learn more about this model’s features. The LS time level features deluxe front bucket seats for a comfortable ride; and it features tons of convenience and safety features.
The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox LS features power lumbar and height adjuster for the driver’s seat, reclining rear seat, a front center console with covered storage, a rear center armrest with dual cup holders, a tilt and telescopic steering column with a comfort grip steering wheel with mounted audio and cruise control, Driver Information Center, express down windows, power programmable door locks, lockout protection, illuminated entry, remote keyless entry, panic alarm and air conditioning.
Additional features include cup holders in the front center console, bottle holders in the doors, illuminated vanity mirrors, map pockets and theater dimming lighting.
Safety and Security Features
The 2016 Equinox features a rear vision camera, an engine immobilizer, an anti-theft alarm, rear window defroster, four-wheel ABS brakes, brake assist, hill start assist, StabiliTrak electronic stability control system, traction control, dual stage front airbags with a passenger-sensing system, seat-mounted airbags and head curtain airbags.
Additional features include daytime running lights, OnStar Guidance for 6 months, OnStar Basic for 5 years, rear child security door locks, variably intermittent wipers, a rear variably intermittent wiper, the LATCH system for child seats and a tire pressure monitoring system.
You’ll find plenty in the way of entertainment features on the Equinox including four auxiliary power outlets throughout the vehicle, OnStar 4G LTE with a built-in hotspot trial, 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, AM/FM radio, MP3 decoder, a radio data system, Bluetooth, SiriusXM satellite radio, six speakers and a USB port.
Engine and Transmission
The Chevrolet Equinox features a 2.4-liter engine with spark ignition direct ignition and variable valve timing. The engine makes 182 horsepower at 6,700 rpm and 172 pound-feet of torque at 4,900 rpm. The engine is backed b a six-speed automatic transmission with overdrive.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox LS and to learn more about this model’s convenience, safety, security and entertainment features.
If you are looking for an inexpensive truck that can do all of the light duty work you have, stop by Classic Chevy to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado. This truck has plenty of features and power so that you can haul the things you need for projects, your tools and even furniture. You’ll even be able to tow your toys, including your UTV to your favorite hunting grounds.
Convenience and Entertainment Features
The 2016 Chevy Colorado LT features a power driver’s seat, under seat storage in the rear, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted audio controls on a tilt and telescopic steering column, multi-color driver instrument information, cruise control, power door locks, engine immobilization, remote keyless entry, air conditioning, an overhead console and driver and passenger illuminated sliding vanity mirrors.
Entertainment features include two USB charging ports on the rear of the center console, Chevrolet MyLink Radio, an 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, Bluetooth, AM/FM stereo, voice-activated technology for the phone and radio, Apple CarPlay, six speakers, two additional USB ports on the instrument panel and center console, SiriusXM satellite radio, and OnStar 4G LTE with a built-in WiFi hotspot.
Engine and Transmission
The 2016 Colorado features a 2.5-liter engine backed by a 6L50 six-speed automatic transmission. This combination makes 200 horsepower at 6,300 rpm and 191 pound-feet of torque at 4,400 rpm. The Colorado gets 20 mpg* in the city and 27 mpg* on the highway.
Safety and Security Features
The Colorado’s safety and security features include four-wheel ABS disc brakes, electronic traction control, StabiliTrak stability control system, dual stage front and side impact airbags, driver and front passenger head curtain airbags, seat-mounted side impact airbags for the front and rear outboard seating positions, a passenger sensing system for the airbags, daytime running lights, OnStar Guidance for 6 months, OnStar Basic for 5 years, a tire pressure monitoring system and a rear vision camera with dynamic guidelines.
Visit Classic Chevy
Stop by Classic Chevrolet today to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT and to learn more about this model’s safety, security, convenience and entertainment features.
Chevrolet manufacturers some of the highest ranked vehicles in the industry. The Silverado is no different. According to J.D. Power and Associates, this responsive, heavy duty truck is the highest ranked heavy duty pickup in initial quality. That means you get more bang for your buck when choosing Silverado.
If you’re still up in the air about finding the perfect pickup for your needs, these 10 reasons why the Silverado is superior to its competitors will make you want to cruise over to Classic Chevrolet and purchase your new heavy duty truck today.
1. They’re built just right.
According to J.D. Power and Associates, the Chevy Silverado HD received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among large, heavy-duty pickups in the 2013 Initial Quality Study.
2. The 2015 Silverado 1500 is the fastest growing pickup brand of 2015.
3. The 2015 Silverado tows better than its competitors.
Drivers can choose an available 12,000-pounds of V8 towing capacity — the best in the Silverado’s class.
4. It’s a super safe truck.
The new Silverado 1500 received the 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score for Safety in 2015.
5. The Silverado has unrivaled fuel economy.
The 2015 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box pickup gets superior V8 fuel economy to the 2015 Ram 1500 crew cab short box and the 2015 Ford F-150 super crew short box.
6. You can take all of your toys with you.
The 2015 Silverado 1500 can tow nearly 1,000 pounds more than the Ram 1500 and Ford F-150.
7. Want to take the internet with you? Now you can.
The 2015 Silverado 1500 is equipped with available built-in 4G LTE WiFi, a feature that is not available in the 2015 Ford F-150 or the 2015 Ram 1500.
8. Go green while going big.
The new Silverado 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V-8 engine is the most fuel-efficient Gas V8 pickup engine ever.
9. Handles like a dream.
The 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V-6 engine offers the most torque of any standard V6 in the Silverado’s class.
10. It has a killer sound system.
The 2015 Silverado offers one of the quietest interiors in the industry, so you can hear the Bose premium audio system more clearly and enjoy every riding experience more than ever.
Find the Chevy Silverado of your dreams right here at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas.