If you are in the market for a sporty vehicle but prefer a smaller engine, stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro with the V-6 engine. While most people wouldn’t call a vehicle with a V-6 a muscle car, this one might have you changing your mind. The Camaro has 335 horsepower, which is only 90 less than the BMW M4. Add a six-speed manual transmission for the ultimate fun muscle-non-muscle car.
Shifting and Acceleration
One thing the Camaro will do, which is a rare find in a V-6, is spin the tires if you give it too much gas when you launch from a stop. The manual transmission is easy to shift; and shifting feels more like V-8 shifting with a tighter clutch and shifter. And, in the 1LT version, the shifter has a “short throw” feel, so you’re not moving the shifter into the back seat to get into gear.
The Camaro also features strong pulling through the mid-range and top end. Even if you are cruising in 6th gear, you don’t have to drop to 5th to pass other traffic.
You can’t hardly call a vehicle that doesn’t have a throaty roar a muscle car. But when you add the optional dual exhaust to the V-6, you do get that nice roar since GM tries to avoid high-pitched six-cylinder engines. However, GM didn’t muffle all of the sound, so the V-6 version has that V-8 sound.
Ride and Handling
Forget the bulky feel of previous V-6 models. The 2016 Camaro features a sport suspension system, and if you order the RS package, 20-inch wheels. This gives the V-6 excellent cornering with almost no body roll. And, when you’re on the highway, the suspension plants the tires for great traction, even at higher speeds. Kiss the instability of typical base model V-6 cars goodbye.
And, you get this without compromising the quality of the ride. The suspension takes road roughness in stride; and you can barely feel the small bumps and imperfections in the road.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro to learn more about this model’s features.
Choosing the perfect mid-size car for your everyday driving needs can seem impossible with so many options on the market. But there’s a reason so many drivers are choosing the affordable, luxurious and fuel efficient 2016 Chevy Malibu over competitors, like the 2016 Toyota Camry or 2016 Honda Accord. The following are six reasons why you should join the masses and choose Chevy.
1. The Chevy Malibu costs less.
You’ll save thousands by choosing the lower-priced Malibu Premier FWD over the comparably-equipped Honda and Toyota models.
2. You’ll enjoy more space.
The 2016 Chevy Malibu features an overall width of 73 inches, an overall wheelbase of 111.4 inches and front head room of 39.1 inches, all of which dwarf the competition. When you need more space for friends, family and cargo, the Malibu is the mid-size vehicle for you.
3. You enjoy industry-leading features.
The 2016 Chevy Malibu is equipped with the latest and greatest vehicle features, like in-vehicle communications and assistance, electronic stability control, keyless entry and more.
4. You’ll get more miles per gallon.
The 2016 Chevy Malibu gets an EPA estimated 22 miles per gallon in the city and an EPA estimate 33 miles per gallon on the highway — both of which are more miles per gallon than the Toyota Camry achieves. That means you’ll save money long after you make your purchase.
5. You’ll enjoy more years of roadside assistance.
Your purchase of a 2016 Malibu comes with 5 years of roadside assistance, while the Toyota Camry is only covered for 2 years.
6. You can feel confident with your Chevy purchase.
Enjoy the peace of mind of purchasing a Chevy with a Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty of 36,000 miles and a Powertrain/Drivetrain Limited Warranty of 60,000 miles.
Stop in and see us at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas, to find out how you can own the Chevy Malibu for the best price in the industry today.
Chevrolet is getting ready to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Camaro with a special edition that will be called the 50th Anniversary Edition, soon to be available at Classic Chevy. It will be available as a coupe and a convertible; and will feature a nightfall gray metallic paint job. Orange and black stripes will accent the paint – they will run down the hood and trunk lid.
The Camaro will also feature 20-inch alloy wheels, a new front splitter, “Fifty” emblems on the front fenders, and the RS package including HID headlights, a trunk-mounted spoiler and LED taillights. The interior features black leather upholstery, 50th Anniversary badges on the seat backs, steering wheel and instrument panels, orange contrast stitching on the dashboard and seats and illuminated door sills.
The 50th Anniversary Edition will come in two trim levels: the 2LT and the 2SS. According to Randy Fox, a Chevrolet spokesperson, the 50th Anniversary Edition will give buyers a choice of a four-cylinder engine, six-cylinder engine and an eight-cylinder engine. All of the engines come with a standard six-speed manual transmission, though buyers can opt for the optional eight-speed automatic transmission.
Chevrolet will be organizing a birthday bash for when the Camaro blows out the 50th candle on September 26, 2016. Keep your eye on this space for more information on the Camaro as it becomes available and about the Chevrolet Camaro birthday bash that Chevy may be planning for this fall.
Visit Classic Chevy
Stop by Classic Chevrolet to test drive the 50th Anniversary Edition Camaro later this summer when it goes on sale and to learn more about this new model’s convenience, safety, security and entertainment features. We’ll post more specs on the Camaro as they become available, so keep your eyes on this space.
If you were planning on buying a black Chevy truck from Classic Chevrolet last year and missed out, you have another chance. Chevy trucks are back in black for 2016. And, there’s more to choose from, including the 2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 and the 2016 Colorado Z71.
Last year, the black truck specials helped Chevrolet increase its sales by 27 percent last year; and that increase was double for the total truck market. The special edition trucks were popular last year, Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet’s truck marketing director, said; and those truck sold in a third of the time it took to sell other models. Plus, the special edition trucks appealed to a younger, more affluent audience.
The most popular special edition black truck in 2015 was the Silverado 1500 Midnight. The trucks were sold out in mere months. This year, Chevrolet will be producing Midnight editions for the 2016 model year, plus the Silverado 2500 HD Z71, making the midnight edition available in light duty, heavy duty and midsize versions.
The Midnight version include additional features including a locking rear differential; off road suspension; hill descent control; a transfer case shield; Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires; an all black front end; black grille, bumper, tow hooks, headlight bezels and fog lights; black painted alloy wheels; black side moldings; black belt line moldings; a black spray-in bedliner; black Chevrolet bowties for the front and rear; and special Z71 badges on the doors.
Additional special editions include the 2016 Silverado Realtree, the 2016 Silverado Special Ops and the 2016 Colorado Trail Boss. Chevrolet will introduce additional black special edition models later this year.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive a new black Silverado and to learn more about this model’s convenience, safety, entertainment and security features. Be sure to ask your salesperson about any lease or finance specials we may be running on your favorite black model.
The Chevrolet logo is one of the most recognized in the world. However, most people don’t even know what it is or what the recognizable, crisscrossed logo means. The Chevrolet bowtie was introduced in 1913 by the automobile company’s founder William C. Durant, and it has remained the symbol of the brand since.
Have you ever wondered about the origin of the Chevrolet bowtie? The following four stories are just a few of the countless legends surrounding the fabled Chevrolet logo.
1. It was inspired by a French hotel. Durant explains that he developed the logo from a unique wallpaper in a Paris hotel. An official Chevrolet publication issued for the company’s 50th anniversary in 1961 backed Durant’s story and explained that the world traveler tore off a piece of the hotel’s wallpaper to later use as a nameplate for his company’s vehicles. Conflicting accounts of Durant’s story, from Durant and others, have stirred even more mystery into the pot.
2. It was a dinner-table sketch. William Durant’s daughter published a book about her father in 1929. The book described how Durant sketched the Chevrolet logo while waiting for his meal at the family dinner table one evening.
3. It was taken from a newspaper ad. Another story regarding the Chevrolet bowtie emerged in 1986. A story based on an interview with Durant’s widow (Catherine) explained how she and her husband saw the design while reading a newspaper in a Hot Springs, Va., hotel room. Historian Ken Kaufmann later searched for a similar edition of The Constitution newspaper, and found a logo resembling the Chevrolet icon used for a coal company named “Coalettes.”
4. It was borrowed from the Swiss flag. Another version of the Chevrolet bowtie mystery explains the logo as an altered version of the cross seen on the Swiss flag. Louis Chevrolet was born at La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland on Christmas Day of 1878. The striking similarity of the logo and the flag’s emblem has led many historians and Chevrolet fans to agree that this must be the logo’s true origin.
No matter what the origin of the Chevrolet bowtie may be, the logo has certainly stood the test of time. In fact, despite slight changes in color and detail, the true shape of the logo hasn’t changed since the day it was created in 1913. Vehicle owners always know they can trust any vehicle donned with the famous Chevrolet bowtie.
Find your dream Chevrolet right here at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas.
When you visit Classic Chevrolet, be sure to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox, an IIHS top safety pick for 2016 when equipped with forward collision alert. You’ll find that this model has tons of features, making the Equinox perfect for road trips and commuting, since it gets excellent gas mileage.
The front of the Equinox was restyled for the 2016 model year. The chrome-accented dual-port grille gives the Equinox a more aggressive look. Additional new features that contribute to the Equinox’s new look include new halogen projector beam headlights, sculpted taillights and bright accents in the rear. The tailpipes have a new rectangular shape on the 3.6-liter model. The LTZ also features custom 18-inch aluminum wheels.
The 2016 model year has several new features including a 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, new storage options, premium cloth seats for the L, LS and LT models, a new Saddle Up interior color for the LTZ and more rear legroom.
The Multi-Flex sliding rear seat adds 8 inches of rear legroom by sliding back when you need more passenger space; and slides forward when you need more cargo space. Or, fold the seats down when you need the full 63.7 cubic feet of cargo space. If you need cargo space and also have a passenger in the rear, the 60/40 split seat folds down so you can have the best of both worlds.
Standard safety features include a rear vision camera and six airbags. Available safety features include side blind zone alert, rear cross traffic alert, rear parking assist, lane departure warning and forward collision alert.
Additional safety features include hill start assist, brake assist, rear child safety door locks, the LATCH system for child safety seats, a tire pressure monitoring system, StabiliTrak and traction control.
The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox also features 4G LTE WiFi, Siri Eyes Free, voice activation, Chevrolet MyLink and OnStar Remote Link.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy today to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox to learn more about this model’s safety, security, convenience and entertainment features.
A new years mean it’s time to make some changes. And if you’re still driving your family around in an old, beat-up SUV, it’s time upgrade to the 2016 Chevy Suburban. The new Suburban is guaranteed to improve your lifestyle by saving you money on fuel, providing peace of mind through a long list of safety features and ensuring a more comfortable ride everywhere you travel.
These top eight reasons to get into the brand-new Chevy Suburban are just a few of the many that will make you happy you decided to make a change.
1. The Chevy Suburban was completely redesigned in 2015, which means you enjoy more convenience, comfort, functionality and performance than ever before. The 2016 model takes the best of the new-and-improved 2015 model and adds even more frills.
2. The 2016 Chevy Suburban is designed to keep you safe with an Enhanced Driver Alert Package that features forward collision alerts, power-adjustable pedals, lane keep assist, IntelliBeam headlamps and a state-of-the-art safety alert seat.
3. The new Chevy suburban is loaded with the industry’s latest and greatest technology. Drivers and passengers enjoy a standard 8-inch color touch screen radio with 4G LTE WiFi capabilities. You’ll never hear, “Are we there yet?” again.
4. The 2016 Chevy Suburban makes it easy to connect your phone to the Chevrolet MyLink system, which allows you to use your device without taking your eyes of the road. The MyLink system also features Apple CarPlay capabilities.
5. This year’s Suburban is available even more new colors, including Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and Siren Red Tintcoat, which are guaranteed to turn heads on the road.
6. The new Suburban is available in LS, LT and LTZ models, which means you can choose the amenities and performance you want based on your budget. Whichever model you choose, you’re guaranteed to appreciate that this year’s Suburban gets nearly 10-percent greater highway efficiency than previous models.
7. The 2016 Chevy Suburban features up to six power outlets and USB ports as well as a 110-volt, three-prong outlet. You will never have to deal with arguments over the phone charger or power outlets on long road trips again.
8. The Chevy Suburban is designed to handle all of your biggest adventures. This year’s model features 121.1 cubic feet of cargo space when the rear seats are folded, and it can trailer a capacity of 8,300 pounds. You can forget about considering a pick-up truck.
Stop in and see us at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas, to test drive the 2016 Chevy Suburban today.
Trucks in the middle-weight division are becoming some of the most popular in the industry. They’re rugged, durable, stylish, spacious, provide all of the elements you’re seeking in a pick-up truck without the high price or poor fuel efficiency.
The Chevy Colorado and Toyota Tacoma are two of the top middle-weight trucks in the industry, and these 10 reasons to choose Chevy will make you start shopping for your brand-new Colorado today.
1. The Colorado’s best engine offering is the ultra-durable Duramax 2.8-liter Turbo-Diesel, offering superior fuel efficiency and durability.
This engine offers a fuel economy of 31 miles-per-gallon on the highway, while the Tacoma’s best 3.5-liter V6 engine gets just 24 miles per gallon on the highway.
2. The 2016 Chevy Colorado is available with Chevy’s new 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot.
The Tacoma does not offer WiFi capabilities.
3. The Colorado’s available touch screen technology is equipped with an 8-inch diagonal screen.
The touchscreen in the 2016 Tacoma is only 7-inches diagonally.
4. You can tow just about everything with your new Chevy Colorado.
The Colorado diesel offers an available towing capacity of 7,700 pounds, while the Tacoma can tow just 6,800 pounds.
5. The Chevy Colorado is loaded with Chevy’s latest and greatest safety features, including available forward collision alerts, lane departure warnings, an available OnStar equivalent and more.
The Tacoma V6 is not equipped with any of these features.
6. The Chevy Colorado diesel offers an available torque of 369 foot-pounds, while the Toyota Tacoma only offers an available torque of 265 foot-pounds.
That means you can accelerate faster and enjoy a driving experience that feels more like a high-performance car than a rugged truck.
7. The 2016 Chevy Colorado is equipped with brakes that will keep you safe and last a lifetime.
Buyers enjoy four-wheel disc brakes and Duralife brake rotors that don’t come standard on the 2016 Toyota Tacoma.
8. Tired of getting into a freezing cold car in the winter months?
Chevy offers an available remote start in the new Colorado, a feature the Tacoma does not offer, so you enjoy a comfortable driving experience every time you hit the roads or trails.
9. The Chevy Colorado is one of the most affordable medium-weight trucks available, that means you have more money to spend on this year’s adventures.
A brand-new Colorado starts with an MSRP of just $20, 120.
10. Some truck enthusiasts don’t know that the Colorado was redesigned from the frame up in 2015, making an already great middle-weight truck even better.
The Colorado now offers some of the most innovative features in the industry. Couple those innovations with top-notch fuel efficiency and power, and you have a rugged midsize truck that is ready to crush the competition. It’s no wonder the Chevy Colorado was named the Motor Trend Truck of the Year for 2015 and 2016.
You can test drive the brand-new Colorado today right here at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, Texas. And don’t forget to check out the brand-new Colorado ZR2, which is designed for your most adrenaline-inducing off-road adventures.
The 2016 Camaro, now available at Classic Chevrolet, is based on GM’s Alpha platform, the same platform that you’ll find under the Cadillac CTS and ATS. The ATS was Motor Trend’s Car of the Year for 2014. With that and several other features, the 2016 Camaro beat everyone else out for the Motor Trend Car of the Year for 2016 models.
Motor Trend reviewed the V-6 RS model. The RS packs in a ton of power in that 3.6-liter block – 335 horsepower and 284 pound-feet of torque. It’s backed by GM’s newest eight-speed automatic transmission. This combination goes from zero to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds and, according to Motor Trend, handles better than the ATS.
Motor Trend looked at six criteria to make their choice. The new Camaro handles better than the outgoing model year and it looks great. You can see some of the changes in the C-pillar and the quarter window area.
The Camaro’s wheelbase is 1.4 inches longer than the Cadillac ATS, which helps with handling; and the new cockpit is also better than the outgoing model’s. Since the 2016 model year is brand new, NHTSA and IIHS haven’t done any crash tests on it yet; however, the Cadillac ATS and CTS have both received 5-star ratings and Good marks from the NHTSA and IIHS, respectively. Motor Trend expects the Camaro to receive ratings that are just as high.
This year’s model went on a diet, too. The Camaro SS dropped over 200 pounds to 3,672 pounds and the V-6 weighs in at just 3,461 pounds, even with an automatic transmission. This drop in weight helps with fuel economy and increased performance. The weight loss also helps to make handling even better. The Camaro SS model ran Motor Trend’s figure-eight track in 24.1 seconds, just two-tenths of a second slower than a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. It runs a four-second zero to 60 mph and a 12.4-second quarter mile.
Motor Trend calls the new 2016 Camaro the best production pony car ever when talking about future comparisons with AMGs, Audis and BMWs.
Visit Classic Chevrolet
Stop by Classic Chevy to test drive the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro and to learn more about the new Camaro, regardless of which trim level you choose.
The Chevrolet Camaro and the Ford Mustang have fought for the top spot in America’s heart for decades. The two “muscle cars” have long been praised for their sleek styling and, mostly, their ability to go fast. The rivalry between the Camaro and Mustang may never end, but there are plenty of reasons why the Camaro reigns supreme as J.D. Power and Associates’ “Highest Ranked Midsize Sporty Car in Initial Quality.”
1. According to the J.D. Power 2013 Initial Quality Study, the Chevrolet Camaro received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among midsize sporty cars.
2. The 2016 Camaro has more power. Two of the Camaro’s three engines have been proven to out-muscle the Mustang.
3. The Camaro’s eight-speed automatic transmission beats the Mustang’s six cogs in terms of fuel economy and performance.
4. Chevrolet shaved more than 200 pounds off the 2016 Camaro, while 2015 Mustang models added more bulk than the 2014 version.
5. The 455-horsepower Camaro SS is now the most powerful super sport of all time.
6. According to NY Daily News, the 2016 Camaro’s cabin has proven to be more luxurious than the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger. Ambient lighting, a quality dash and soft-touch leathers are among the countless features.
7. The 2016 Chevy Camaro can accelerate from 0 to 60 miles-per-hour in 4.5 seconds and 0 to 100 miles-per-hour in 10.3 seconds.
8. There are thousands of ways to customize the interior, exterior and engine of your Camaro, which means you can drive a vehicle that fits like a well-tailored suit.
9. The new Camaro’s fully-electronic convertible top can be lowered with the key fob or the touch of a button — even when you’re cruising down the road.
10. The 2016 Camaro is ready to sweep the industry by storm. The new design offers slimmer and lower proportions, broader shoulders and a unique fastback profile that’s guaranteed to turn heads — even those of Mustang owners. This unique design also makes the Camaro more agile, so it can outperform its competitors on even the hardest turns.
Get Ready for the 2016 Camaro
There’s no doubt that the brand-new, 2016 Camaro is going to be one of the hottest vehicles of the year. And while we await the 2016 models, the 2015 Camaro is available right here at Classic Chevrolet for an unbelievably low price. Drive the car that has been the envy of Mustang and Challenger owners for decades, and get it for a price that you’ll find tough to believe.