The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Turbo with a diesel engine hits your favorite Texas Chevy dealer in the latter part of 2013. This car is already gaining quite a buzz as the most fuel efficient car on the market.
While the EPA touts the diesel engine on the Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo gets 46 miles to the gallon, approximately 710 miles distance on one tank, an energy engineer for General Motors states she traveled 900 miles on just one tank of diesel.
The EPA’s estimate involved driving the six-speed automatic transmission at the speed limit. The engineer, Tessa Baughman, drove five miles below the posted speed limit on her trip home to her family in Arkansas. On her return trip, she drove with the speed of the traffic and went approximately 800 miles on one tank.
Benefits to the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo
The 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel is certainly impressive when it comes to fuel economy, but there are other stand-out features that make it the car to own. There is an auxiliary heater that helps warm up the car quickly on cold days. There’s a rear back-up camera for your safety too.
The engine is incredibly quiet, and that’s going to make it popular with many. The two-liter German diesel engine gets about 148 horsepower and 258 pounds per foot of torque. There is also an overboost feture that kicks the torque up to 280 pounds per foot when you need quicker acceleration.
The engine is designed to be environmentally friendly with about 90 percent less nitrogen oxide than other diesel engines. In addition, the Chevy Cruze’s baffles are made from recycled tires, so GM even put thought into recycling waste in this car’s design.
The car is aerodynamic with clean lines and 17-inch alloy wheels that make it feel sporty when you’re behind the wheel. It’s definitely a car that will develop a huge fan following!
With an MSRP of $24,885, you don’t have to invest a lot to get a car that helps you trim your budget year after year. Save money on fuel and head to a Texas Chevy dealer to see when the dealership expects to have these cars available.
Chevy enthusiasts are a loyal bunch, and they tend to love both new and used vehicles. Before you go shopping for a used car, your local Grapevine Chevy dealer would like to provide you with some tips on what to look for in a pre-owned vehicle.
First, verify that the vehicle is parked on level ground before you begin examining it. You need to be able to clearly see all the tires and to make sure the vehicle isn’t sagging. Examine the ground to see if there are any leaks from the vehicle. It’s prudent to start up the vehicle and then check for leaks once more while it is still running.
Open and shut each door, to make sure it works properly and closes shut. Also check that each door’s locks will open and close, and that you can roll the windows up and down completely. Then, get inside the vehicle and check out the interior. Are there any rips, tears or stains on the upholstery or the seats? This might not be a deal breaker for you, but such minor damage can indicate that the owner neglected to take care of other aspects of the vehicle as well.
Turn on the air-conditioning. This is especially crucial in a hot environment like Texas. Crank it up all the way and make sure the AC is doing a good job in cooling the interior.
Do check the odometer, to make sure that the vehicle hasn’t been driven too many miles in too short of a span of time. A good rule of thumb is about 10,000 to 15,000 miles per year. However, if the vehicle is very old, low mileage is not your only consideration.
Get out of the vehicle and look under the hood. Do you see any rust, dents or other signs of damage? If so, it may mean that the owner did a poor job of maintaining the vehicle, or that it was involved in an accident. Of course, you will want to examine the belts and hoses to see that they are not cracked and are intact. Also open the trunk and check to make sure it doesn’t have holes, cracks or rust.
You shouldn’t consider buying a pre-owned vehicle without taking it for a test drive. During the test, accelerate to about 30 miles per hour and then hit the brakes to see how they function. Does the car swerve? Did you feel any vibrations in the brake pedal or hear any unusual sounds?
Pre-owned Chevys are great for people who need to watch their budget. No matter what vehicle you select, once you’ve taken steps to make sure it’s in good shape, you are bound to find it provides you with a safe, comfortable and stylish ride.
One of the things that make your DFW Chevy dealer happy is to see how customers get so much enjoyment out of their Chevy on road trips to fun and exciting places. If you haven’t been to San Antonio lately, now is the time to take a trip. Here are some suggestions for places you can visit in San Antonio.
SeaWorld San Antonio
As the weather heats up, you’ll want to pack up the whole family and head out to SeaWorld San Antonio. This enormous attraction spans 250 acres, making it the biggest marine-oriented theme park in the world. It has plenty of dolphins, whales, sea lions and sharks for you to check out. You won’t want to miss the Steel Eel roller coaster which will hurtle you along the track at speeds approaching 65 miles per hour, or about the same speed you drove to get to the park.
The Great White is an inverted steel roller coaster and the first of its kind in Texas. To help you keep cool, there is a water park with water slides and swimming pools, or you can just hang around the killer whale tank until you get thoroughly soaked by the splashes these enormous creatures make as they leap from the water.
Remember the Alamo
If the last time you visited the Alamo was when you were a kid during a school field trip, what better time to revisit this important aspect of historical Texas. The 4.2-acre complex holds such significance to not only Texans but also people from all over the world, it sees more than 2.5 million visitors every year. Admission is free.
You’ll learn about the efforts made by Texans as they fought against the army of General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, with such luminaries as Davy Crockett, James Bowie and William Travis becoming famous for their noble sacrifice. The Alamo is now managed by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, and you will have an opportunity to tour the site, visit the museum and take a stroll in the Alamo Gardens.
San Antonio Botanical Garden
Founded in 1980 and run by the City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department, the San Antonio Botanical Gardens is a beautiful complex spread out over 33 acres. Visitors enjoy the formal and display gardens, which include the Rose Garden, which is a sweetly perfumed location you won’t want to miss, and the Kumamoto En Garden, which is a gift from San Antonio’s Sister City of Kumamoto in Japan. The Sensory Garden, also known as the Garden for the Blind, will stimulate your sense of smell and touch.
The Lucille Halsell Conservatory contains a wide variety of plants from desert and rainforest environments, as well as insect-eating plants and plants that live in water. Be sure to take in the sights of the forest of palm trees in the Palm and Cycad Pavilion, a 65-foot high environment.
When the new year’s car models are released on to the market, it is an exciting time for car lovers everywhere. If you have recently visited your DFW Chevy dealer, you may have already been introduced to the new 2014 Impala, but if not, learning more about this sleek car can help you decide if it is the perfect option for you and your family.
Style and Performance
When you check out the 2014 Impala, you will see this vehicle is the optimal in both style and performance. The smooth lines of the vehicle’s shape offers a stunning style, as well as optimal aerodynamics to reduce the amount of resistance the car experiences. Available in the 31 MPG 4-cylinder model or the 29 MPG V6 engine, you will be able to purchase the perfect one for your needs and desires. With its excellent handling, you will be able to drive with a feeling of elegance you have never experienced before.
As soon as you sit in the Impala at Classic Chevrolet, you will feel as though you have stepped into the future. This vehicle is filled with new technology that completely changes the driving experience for drivers. An eight-inch touch screen provides you with easy access and quick operation of the radio, as well as other features, including voice recognition. Keyless access and start, USB ports for charging phones and a rear vision camera make great features to add to this car.
The Utmost in Safety
Along with all the technological advances available, you will experience the utmost in safety for yourself and your family. The car boasts 10 airbags that protect you and your family in the event of a crash. In addition to the airbags, this car is filled with sensors that will help you become an even safer driver. Sensors on the front end alert you to the potential of a collision if you are too close to the car in front of you; cross sensors in the back alert you of cross traffic behind you when the car is in reverse; and blind spot sensors light up an LED indicator in your side mirrors to alert you of drivers in your blind spot. This car can even let you know if you are drifting out of your lane without the use of a turn signal!
If you want a car that is the perfect combination of sleek beauty, safety and technological advances, the 2014 Chevy Impala can be a great option. This car is packed with features and comes in a variety of amazing colors to allow you to find the perfect one to best meet your needs. Visit us today to take a test drive and see what this new model has to offer your driving experience.
As a leading Chevy dealer, we’re committed to keeping all of our clients happy, from sales to service and beyond. This month, we’re taking the pain out of your collision repair with a quartet of specials designed just for our collision repair clients:
· The deal: When you have $500 or more of collision repairs performed in our state-of-the-art body shop, we’ll give you $100 of paintless dent repair for your door dings for free. Everybody’s been the victim of parking lot perils: careless drivers who throw their doors open without looking first and runaway shopping carts that are drawn to your car like a magnet. This monthly body shop special will take away those little door dings that are making your car look older and more beat up than it really is. Think of it as a Botox treatment for your car.
· The deal: Another bonus for customers with $500 or more in collision repairs – we’ll give you a free interior detail to make the inside of your car look as good as the outside. Fast food residue, sneaker scuff marks, rubbed-in mud, dead bug bodies and a whole lot of dust and dirt. The inside of every car is subject to a lot of occupant abuse, and over time, it can take its toll on the way your interior looks and feels. While your car is in for body shop repair, let us treat you to a free interior detail to get rid of all that grime.
· The deal: They say beauty is only skin deep, so when you have $500 or more in collision repairs this month, let us treat what’s under the hood, too, with this free lube, oil and filter special. Especially with the hot summer season rapidly closing in, having your fluids changed is critical to keeping your car running well. With this lube, oil and filter freebie special, your car will get a lube treatment, a brand new oil filter and up to six quarts of oil, and we’ll even check the fluids and top them off.
· The deal: Get a free $75 upgrade on your Enterprise rental when your car gets $500 or more in collision repairs at our body shop. You take pride in what you drive, so why not take pride in your rental? With a free upgrade of up to $75, you can drive in style even while your car is in the shop. Just present the coupon to the service advisor and we’ll do the rest.
We value every one of our customers and offering the highest level of service is just one way we let you relax and enjoy the difference. Visit our site often to keep an eye on our monthly specials and find out what else is happening at your DFW Chevy Dealer and in the community.
May has arrived which means that spring is in full bloom and summer is just around the corner. The Dallas-Fort Worth area teems back to life this time each year, which means that you can get our your Chevy and hit the open road. After you’ve made a stop at your Grapevine Chevy dealer, you can head out to one of these events.
May Events in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Jimmy Buffett Concert — Jimmy Buffett himself will be playing live in the Dallas area this month. Parrotheads across the region will be thrilled to know that they can take their favorite Chevy vehicle and head to FC Dallas Stadium on May 4. The concert begins at 7:00 p.m., with Jackson Browne as an opening act and Jimmy Buffett headlining. Spend the evening joining in with some of Buffett’s most famous tunes, including “Fins,” “Cheeseburger in Paradise” and of course, “Margaritaville.”
- Dallas Flamenco Festival — This unique festival takes place each year in Dallas, allowing people to experience the beauty and art of flamenco dancing. The festival takes place from May 4 through May 5 this year at the Ochre House Theater. The festival was founded by flamenca Delilah Buitron, who is from the Dallas area. She wanted to share her love of flamenco dancing with the community at large, and invented the Dallas Flamenco Festival along the way. People in the area can catch two flamenco performances at this festival — one at 7:00 p.m. May 4 and another at 2:00 p.m. May 5. Tickets are $15 for this unique event, which you are sure to enjoy. You might find yourself joining along with the amazing dances.
- Dallas Fort Worth Women’s Expo — The Dallas Fort Worth Women’s Expo is coming to town again, providing women with the opportunity to pamper themselves, do a little shopping and explore a new interest. The women’s expo takes place this year from May 18 through May 19 at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Tickets are only $5, and it promises to be a great day out for women of all ages. The event highlights all of the great things that are available to women in the area. Women have an opportunity to check out new cosmetic products, get a little pampering done and eat some delicious food along the way.
Whether you are hoping to spend the month of May enjoying concert after concert, or you want to indulge a little bit in yourself, you will find something fun to do this month in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Of course, don’t forget to make it a point to stop by and check out our great deals this month on the lot as well.
For all of the Dallas fans in DFW, we have an extra special car in stock for you. For the past two years our Chevrolet Dealership loaned actor Larry Hagmen a car to use while he was in town filming Dallas. Hagmen was an environmentally conscience man, so the first car he chose was a Malibu Eco, and this past year he rode around town in the stylish (and environmentally friendly) 2013 Chevy Volt. The Omni Hotel even provided him a charging station so the Chevy Volt was always ready to deliver him to the set.
After Hagmen’s death the car was returned to our dealership where it is now available for purchase!
J.R. put 3,000 miles on his Chevrolet Volt and left a gift for the next owner.
The new owner of this 2013 Volt will inherit a Larry Hagmen $10,000 autographed bill. This piece of Hollywood history is proudly sitting on our showroom floor, so stop by today and take home a piece of Dallas history!
When it comes to Chevy, it’s hard to not love your vehicle. Finally, that urge to show it has paid off. Introducing the Love Your Chevy Photo Contest from your favorite DFW Chevy dealer!
How To Enter
Share the devotion to your Chevy by taking a picture that exhibits your feelings and submitting it to us. Feel free to get creative! This is an opportunity to show how your vehicle inspires you!
Of course, rewards can be motivating. We’re not just giving away one thing; there are 3 prizes you can win! For third place, the winner will receive a $50 gas card that always comes in handy. Second place gets a Car Care Kit with a value of $149.95. What all comes in a kit? A little something for everything including, wax, detail wax, wash, leather, tire, interior, towels, and even applicator pads. Then first place will get a Deluxe Detail, $169.95 value, as well as an $80 gift card! Oh, did you think the prizes were over? The last, and perhaps the best, is the opportunity to be featured in Classic Chevrolet’s Valentine’s video!
Do you have some serious love for your Chevy? Make sure to show it well ahead of Valentine’s Day, contest ends January 31st at 8pm CST.
Chevy has kept a lot of us in the dark waiting for this truck. Your Grapevine Chevy Dealer unveils the 2014 Silverado truck this weekend at the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. So what is all the hype about this Silverado? Well, this is the beginning of the next generation of trucks from Chevy. That in and of itself is exciting, but this truck is a blend of all that is good in Chevy cars and trucks. Here’s a little of what you can expect.
The grill is huge, it is almost transformer huge, and frankly that rocks! It is an imposing truck that is easy to drive, comfortable to ride in and built Chevy tough. A key feature for the extended cab is an extended bed that stretch out to 6.5 feet. What you have here is a truck that blends past Silverado’s styling into a modern approach to aerodynamics and function. It is a bold approach to a practical idea that works as hard as you do. What’s all this mean? It means that, before 2014, the Silverado used raw engine power to push its way down the highway, but after 2014, the Silverado uses technology to part the air and glide through the elements. It means a quieter ride, better fuel efficiency, and a tough looking truck that wont bite the kids.
What’s Under the Hood:
The 2014 Silvarado sports the new family of EcoTec2 Engines, which offer customers a choice between the standard V6 and two V8′s. They feature Corvette Technology that includes full size truck engineering, direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing, along with other technically advanced performance that you wont find under the hoods of competitors.
Inside The Truck:
Expect comfort and practicality from this truck. It is designed to be safer and stronger, than past models. This truck brings back the idea of high grade steel to boost passenger safety. The cab sits atop Hydraulic body mounts which help to eliminate cab movement to bring a quiet and steady as you go feeling to riders.
Work hard, play harder, be safer! Expect top of the line safety features that are built into this truck. Features include Forward Collision Alert, Land departure warnings, and front and rear parking assistance. The truck also features improved StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control. Hill Start Assist is also a standard feature for 2014.
Overall, this is a truck. It uses technology to improve safety, ride, and performance without subtracting out all the cool truck features. The imposing design is a plus. It looks tough, plays rough, and still makes a decent impression wherever you go.
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette was officially unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Motor City Detroit, MI. Judging by how feature-packed the new Chevy hot rod is, you’re certainly going to want to have it on your wish list when it drops.
Known as the C7 (for seventh generation), the 2014 Corvette is a notable vehicle in a day and age where environmental concerns and fuel efficiency are somewhat giving a black eye to the development of sports cars (more on this later). It’s also a notable effort on Chevy’s part, being that it’s the first Corvette model released in a post-GM bankruptcy era and has design roots dating back to the automaker’s pre-bankruptcy days of 2006.
Here’s what you should know about the C7:
- It’s “green”: We put green in parenthesis because it’s still a gas-guzzling sports car, powered by a V8 engine, to some extent. Even so, certain features make it more eco-friendly. For starters, it’s made with a lot of space-age metal, helping to reduce its curb weight to around 3,000 pounds – and thereby save on fuel mileage – compared to previous models. It also includes an active fuel management feature that essentially takes the V8 engine down to the power of a V4 engine, thereby saving even more fuel. Materials with a high weight-to-strength ratio? A greener engine? Yeah, the C7 was engineered with the environment in mind.
- Same basic design: While much of the C7’s design is an update from its C6 predecessor, its roots still trace back to the very first model in the 60-year history of the Corvette vehicle. That’s honoring the past while designing and engineering for the future.
- Price point: While the C7 will be expensive (it is a sports car after all), its MSRP isn’t going to exactly break the bank. Although the vehicle won’t go into production until the summer of 2013, so we don’t really know what the price will be until it hits the lot, it’s not expected to cost more than $55,000.
As we mentioned in the opening, the C7 is currently on display at the Auto Show in Detroit – but the vehicle will be coming to your DFW Chevy Dealer soon. A 2014 Corvette C7, how does that car sound for a nice New Year’s 2014 gift?